Traveling anywhere can get expensive, luckily there’s plenty to do in Alamosa that will cost you nothing at all! Here are some of our favorites.
A Traveler's Blog
Do you want to visit Alamosa like you know a local? Here is your chance! Enjoy the following feature articles writtten by a traveler enjoying some hidden (and not so hidden) treasures around the San Luis Valley.
Photographer Erica Robinson shares three secrets to getting the best photos at Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve.
Go on a bison tour on the vast 100,000-acre bison ranch right next to the Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve.
What do ancient camels, elk and 24,000 sandhill cranes have in common? In the San Luis Valley, each were or are dependent on the wetlands in Alamosa National Wildlife Refuge and the Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge for survival. Here are six reasons why you should visit the refuges.
Here are the five best places to take a selfie in or near the Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve. Looking for the most scenic spots in and near the Great Sand Dunes for your Instagram feed? Here are five places you’ll want to have on your list.
Local Sculptor Huberto Maestas is nationally known for his larger-than-life sculptures. Visit his spectacular Stations of the Cross series dotting a hillside in the tiny town of San Luis, Colo.
Shake the sand out of your shoes after a magical time at Great Sands Dunes National Park and hit the road to uncover the best Americana nearby.
If you’re planning to get away from the hustle and bustle of city living and want a quiet, nature escape, there’s no place better than the beautiful, affordable and uncrowded San Luis Valley. Covering an approximate 8,000 square mile expanse, this alpine valley has endless opportunities for you to get away are find your “free”. Discover the countless outdoor recreation options during the day under our expansive blue skies, and camp each night under a star-filled night sky (the Great Sand Dunes is now internationally recognized for the quality of its night sky). Don’t know where to begin? Here’s some of our favorite places to camp in the San Luis Valley!
Colorado Farm Brewery in Alamosa, Colo., takes farm-to-tap to a new level as the only brewery in the world where every ingredient in its estate beers comes from the farm in which they brew.
More Articles ...
- Best Place in Colorado to Drink A Beer
- Why 3 Days Is the Bare Minimum You Should Stay In and Around Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Great Sand Dunes Designated as International Dark Sky Park
- Chugga Chugga Choo Choo Survey
- 11 Adventures That You Can Only Have in the San Luis Valley of Southern Colorado
- An Inside Look at the Impressive Beer Scene of Alamosa
- The Ultimate Road Trip Guide From Denver to Alamosa
- On the Outskirts of the Great Sand Dunes: 8 Can't-Miss Experiences Outside Park Boundaries
- What to do on Valentine's Day in Alamosa
- 10 Things to Know Before Planning a Trip to Great Sand Dunes National Park
- How to Have a Memorable Family Vacation in the San Luis Valley
- Annual Christmas Bird Count at Great Sand Dunes
- A Food-Lover's Guide to Alamosa
- Halloween in Alamosa
- The Captivating Story of Colorado's Historic Alamosa
- Farm to Tap: Beer in the San Luis Valley
- 10 of the Most Instagram-Worthy Spots in the San Luis Valley
- Why You Should Experience Colorado's San Luis Valley By Train
- Great Sand Dunes to Host Amateur Astronomy Night
- Five of the Toughest Outdoor Adventures in Southern Colorado