The Alamosa Convention & Visitors Bureau is excited to announce their 2011 Photography Contest. We are certain there is that one camera out there that captured that extra special family memory.
Do you have that camera?
Prizes will be awarded in five categories:
- History & Heritage
- Open Professional.
The Grand Prize will be awarded to the photograph that best portrays the character of Alamosa County. The winning photo will be featured on the Official Alamosa Visitors Guide and the photographer will receive a weekend getaway including two nights lodging, two tickets aboard the Rio Grande Scenic RR, and dinner at the San Luis Valley Brewery.
How to enter and complete set of rules can be found below.
2011 Photo Contest
1. All pictures must have been taken within Alamosa County during the 2011 calendar year. Entries representing all types of attractions, scenes and people are encouraged. Amateur and professional photographers are encouraged to enter.
2. Prizes will be awarded in five subject areas: Attractions, Scenery, People, History & Heritage and Open Professional. Other awards and honorable mentions may be awarded as determined by judges.
3. A Grand Prize will be awarded to the photograph that best portrays the character of Alamosa County. A $100 cash prize will be awarded to the top photograph in each category. The Grand Prize photograph will be chosen from the top category pictures and will be awarded a vacation weekend which will include a two-night stay in Alamosa, two tickets to ride the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad, dinner at the San Luis Valley Brewing Company, and gift basket including souvenirs and products from the San Luis Valley. In addition, the Grand Prize photo will be featured on the cover of the 2012 Official Alamosa County Visitor’s Guide.
4. Entries must be submitted with the official entry form. Contest sponsors and their employees are not eligible to enter the contest.
5. Up to three photographs may be submitted per entrant. Prints must be 5x7 inches or 8x10 inches and unmatted. Please no slides or e-mail entries. If you are submitting a hard copy of a digital photo, you must be able to submit the photo on CD or disk if requested. Do not send the disk with the entry. Please identify each image you submit by attaching a completed entry form to the back.
6. Any person(s) or their guardian(s) appearing in the photograph must sign the entry form as a release.
7. The contest will be judged by professionals in the fields of photography, journalism, advertising and marketing, as well as tourism. Photos will be judged on theme, creativity and technical quality. Decision of the judges is final.
8. All entries become the property of the contest sponsors and will not be returned. Please do not send your only copy of a photograph.
9. Contest sponsors reserve the right to publish any entry at their discretion, provided that a credit line is given to the photographer.
Entries must be postmarked by December 31, 2011. Winners will be announced January 2012